Author Topic: Kouksundo in common life  (Read 7270 times)

Aprameya

• Red belt
    • View Profile
Kouksundo in common life
« on: December 13, 2011, 11:46:41 AM »

Dear Master Kim,
on the first seminar you told us that it is better to sleep when your head is on the West side because it is connected with the energy flows. Could you please give more details about it? I know that geomagnetic field of Earth moves between North and South Pole along the meredians. And what happens between West and East from energetic point of view? :)
Thank you in advance!

Ki-young

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Kouksundo in common life
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 04:22:29 AM »

Dear Anna!
 The practitioners of the 4th stage (jingi dan boub) are required to circulate their accumulated ki through the center line of their body with facing towards the west when in sitting posture, with their
Head towards the west when in lying posture. The back  of my body is yang and the front part of my body is yin. The east is yang direction and west is yin direction. Therefore the enregy must go up through the back center line of our body and come down through the front center line to danjeon.
We are thinking of different paradigms( eastern and western). If I can try to use the paradigm offered by you, how about thinking of the relationship between the electric current and magnetic
 field ? I know that two of them work vertically to each other.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 02:17:44 PM by Aprameya »

Aprameya

• Red belt
    • View Profile
Re: Kouksundo in common life
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 02:28:31 PM »
Master Kim, thank you for your answer!
It is really interesting how all theese energies and fields communicate and influence on our body and mind.
But I think that the best way is to check it by own experience ;))
When I asked this question I was thinking about changing place of my bed in the bedroom. So I decided just to try to sleep on
the West by my head for some time ( before I slept on the South). And I feel much better in the morning now :))
To be this experiment clear it would be great to try to sleep on the North and the East, but I think it will be difficult :))
May be some of visitors on this forum will tell about which side they sleep and how they feel? :)