Author Topic: How to start practice?  (Read 24420 times)

vikram

• View Profile
How to start practice?
« on: November 30, 2011, 12:54:29 PM »
Tell me, what is the beginning of kouksundo practice? Especially if a person doesn't have the body flexibility to perform hard positions.

Dmitry

• Black belt
    • View Profile
Re: How to start practice?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 02:33:02 PM »
Tell me, what is the beginning of kouksundo practice? Especially if a person doesn't have the body flexibility to perform hard positions.
Greetings!

Beginners usually perform all 3 parts of practice session (1- ki-circulation exercises, 2- tanjon breathing, 3- finishing exercises). Tanjon breathing (second part of practice) is performed in the lying position. If somebody have difficulties in performing some exercises of the 1st or 3rd part - he can simply skip it. Or he can do a simplified version. For example, the lotus posture can be replaced by a simple leg-crossing posture, the reliance on the fingers - the reliance the on palms, etc. Gradually, with regular practice, you'll find that you can easily do things that seemed complicated. You don't need to perform complex position, if you feel uncomfortable. Everything must be natural. :)

After 10-15 days of tanjon breathing practice in the lying position, when the breathing is good - you may begin to practice tanjon breathing in 25 positions (the first part of the first stage). Of course, if you feel comfortable while performing them.

vikram

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 04:58:12 PM »
Can someone teach these exercises in Moscow or St. Petersburg? I visit Moscow sometimes.

Dmitry

• Black belt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 08:35:08 AM »
Can someone teach these exercises in Moscow or St. Petersburg? I visit Moscow sometimes.
Sometimes I make kouksundo classes in Moscow, but not often so far. There are regular classes in Bryansk, every sunday. I hope, it become possible to organize regular classes in Moscow in the future.

vikram

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 04:46:31 PM »
I'm going to visit Moscow for the holiday week, and maybe stay for some time. Will classes take place in this period?

Dmitry

• Black belt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 09:46:01 AM »
I'm going to visit Moscow for the holiday week, and maybe stay for some time. Will classes take place in this period?
If they will take place, I'll announce them here.

Eugene

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 12:49:10 PM »
Beginners usually perform all 3 parts of practice session (1- ki-circulation exercises, 2- tanjon breathing, 3- finishing exercises). Tanjon breathing (second part of practice) is performed in the lying position

What is this second part of the practice? Is it not in the video? Is it done after 3 main parts of the practice? Is it the same 5 seconds breath as in the main part with expanding the belly on the inhale? So it is very similar to what they call buddhist  breath akin to vipassana?

Eugene

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 03:19:07 PM »
Also I wonder if one should do shatkarma before beginning practicing kouk sun do and how it is important? Does first level of KSD work with body cleansing? Or doing the practice one cleanses the channels what in its turn is cleansing the body?
So I suppose that initial level of KSD does work similar to vyayama yoga in Indian tradition.

I want to begin my practice with youtube video and then when I have the chance I will attend the seminar. First level of 25 movements does not seem to be complicated to learn with video. I hope this is enough for building foundation for the next 25 movements or to continue these 25 motions with longer breath.     

Dmitry

• Black belt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 10:01:15 AM »
Beginners usually perform all 3 parts of practice session (1- ki-circulation exercises, 2- tanjon breathing, 3- finishing exercises). Tanjon breathing (second part of practice) is performed in the lying position

What is this second part of the practice? Is it not in the video? Is it done after 3 main parts of the practice? Is it the same 5 seconds breath as in the main part with expanding the belly on the inhale? So it is very similar to what they call buddhist  breath akin to vipassana?

Second part is tanjon breathing, newbies perform it in the lying down posture, after 10 days - in the postures of first KSD level, you may find them here: Jung Ki Dan Boub, first 25 postures

Buddhist vipassana is quite different practice, as far as I know. Maybe results can be same, but approach is quite different.

Dmitry

• Black belt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 10:15:11 AM »
Also I wonder if one should do shatkarma before beginning practicing kouk sun do and how it is important? Does first level of KSD work with body cleansing? Or doing the practice one cleanses the channels what in its turn is cleansing the body?
So I suppose that initial level of KSD does work similar to vyayama yoga in Indian tradition.

I want to begin my practice with youtube video and then when I have the chance I will attend the seminar. First level of 25 movements does not seem to be complicated to learn with video. I hope this is enough for building foundation for the next 25 movements or to continue these 25 motions with longer breath.     

Steady Kouk sun do practice automatically produces conditions, which cleans our body very naturally, without any special practice. Most of people had experienced effects of body cleaning in the start of their practice.

Ki circulating exercises in KSD looks like other dynamic practices, but they have special effect because of exercises order. This order have very deep meaning, it based on the oriental wisdom and human body meridians knowledge.

I think one can start practice by the video. But if you have opportunity to visit KSD seminar, it will give a great benefit to your practice. Next KSD seminar will take place in Belorussia, you may find more information here: Kouk sun do seminar in Belorussia

Eugene

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 11:59:23 AM »
Thanks for the swift reply. I understand that vipassana is quite different approach and I only tried to compare the core principle of the breath in them. I meant the quiet long breath (5-10 se c) with the belly expanding on the inhale which is common for both of them. And in KSD as far as I know the practitioner should concentrate on the lower TT to empty the mind and to fill out TT.  :) I watched the video with explanation on that. Is there anything else important to know for the correct breath?
Just wanted to clarify it.   

I am not sure yet about next seminar. I am faraway at the moment but I hope that this is not the last seminar and anyway as far as I know you run classes in Moscow and Bryansk and it is okey to attend it even for newbies for the corrections.

Also could you tell me how it is important to do ALL finishing exercises after 25 postures? Can I do only  half of them in the beginning? It is not quite clear in the video what to do in last ones. Do they have  a good DVD on it in English? I would buy one. Thanks again

Dmitry

• Black belt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 04:46:14 PM »
Thanks for the swift reply. I understand that vipassana is quite different approach and I only tried to compare the core principle of the breath in them. I meant the quiet long breath (5-10 se c) with the belly expanding on the inhale which is common for both of them. And in KSD as far as I know the practitioner should concentrate on the lower TT to empty the mind and to fill out TT.  :) I watched the video with explanation on that. Is there anything else important to know for the correct breath?
Just wanted to clarify it.   

I am not sure yet about next seminar. I am faraway at the moment but I hope that this is not the last seminar and anyway as far as I know you run classes in Moscow and Bryansk and it is okey to attend it even for newbies for the corrections.

Also could you tell me how it is important to do ALL finishing exercises after 25 postures? Can I do only  half of them in the beginning? It is not quite clear in the video what to do in last ones. Do they have  a good DVD on it in English? I would buy one. Thanks again

About the correct tanjeon breathing - here is the short overview

About finishing exercises - it's not strict rule to do all of them, you may omit some or half of them, no problem.

DVD video for beginners unfortunately is not available in English, but I think it will be translated in the near future.

Eugene

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2013, 12:07:29 PM »
Окей, я понимаю и по русски. Есть ли видео на русском и можно ли его приобрести? Я наконец то перестал смешивать практики цигун и хочу полностью посвятить все время КСД. До этого только думал т.к. не мог попасть на семинар но на ютуб кажется все понятно, хотя может там есть нюансы, которые надо знать? Буду пока прорабатывать по этому видео и информации с этого форума, а потом обязательно приеду на семинар. 

Есть пара вопросов. :)

Первый уровень - это только подготовка тела и каналов? (говорится что начинаем с тела).

Обязательно ли в течение дня выполнить все 25 упражнений для каждого элемента?

Можно ли прорабатывать какое-то время скажем только 10 -15 упражнений?

Можно ли разбивать 25 позиций на 5+5+5.... и выполнять их  течение дня  разными сессиями?

Или если утром нет времени то сделать только сет для разогрева каналов, а днём и вечером  делать сеты в разные подходы?

Обязательно ли заканчивать каждую сессию распред. ки упражнениями или можно делать их в конце дня?

Просьба ответить по пунктам. Спасибо. 

Dmitry

• Black belt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 01:57:39 PM »
Евгений, приветствую! Судя по "паре вопросов", мы совсем недавно с Вами виделись. :)

По поводу видео - на русском пока нет, планируется выпуск видео на корейском, про сроки пока сказать сложно. Но как только выйдет - я постараюсь ускорить его перевод на английский и на русский.

По поводу ньюансов - да, они есть. На семинаре в Таллине я постарался рассказать про наиболее важные из них.

По поводу первого уровня - это, с одной стороны, полноценная практика для здоровья; с другой стороны - подготовка к более серьезным вещам. Многие люди, которых интересует в основном здоровье, делают только первый уровень КСД в течение многих лет, не переходя на следующее.

Прорабатывать 10-15 упражнений какое-то время - можно, если так для Вас удобнее их осваивать.

Разбивать практику дыхания (25 положений) на 5+5+5... - в принципе, можно. Но конечно, это будет менее эффективно чем делать сразу 25. Можно делать какое-то время только 10: с 1 по 5 (5 положений стоя) и с 11 по 15 (5 положений сидя), потом перейти на полные 25.

Делать отдельно разогрев, дыхание и завершающие - тоже  можно, по крайней мере многие корейцы так делают: утром сделали разогрев дома (15 минут), в обеденный перерыв на работе - бегом в КСД-центр, делают дыхание (35 минут), вечером дома - завершающие. Конечно, это в какой-то мере снижает эффективность, лучше делать все три части подряд. Но если временные условия не позволяют выделить 1.5 часа подряд - то да, можно разбивать по частям (1,2,3).

Заканчивать практику завершающими упражнениями - да, лучше их делать всегда после дыхания. Если время поджимает, то хотя бы 1-2 упражнения стоит сделать.

Надеюсь, своими ответами не создал еще большее число вопросов. :)
Всех благ - и удачи в практике!

Окей, я понимаю и по русски. Есть ли видео на русском и можно ли его приобрести? Я наконец то перестал смешивать практики цигун и хочу полностью посвятить все время КСД. До этого только думал т.к. не мог попасть на семинар но на ютуб кажется все понятно, хотя может там есть нюансы, которые надо знать? Буду пока прорабатывать по этому видео и информации с этого форума, а потом обязательно приеду на семинар. 

Есть пара вопросов. :)

Первый уровень - это только подготовка тела и каналов? (говорится что начинаем с тела).

Обязательно ли в течение дня выполнить все 25 упражнений для каждого элемента?

Можно ли прорабатывать какое-то время скажем только 10 -15 упражнений?

Можно ли разбивать 25 позиций на 5+5+5.... и выполнять их  течение дня  разными сессиями?

Или если утром нет времени то сделать только сет для разогрева каналов, а днём и вечером  делать сеты в разные подходы?

Обязательно ли заканчивать каждую сессию распред. ки упражнениями или можно делать их в конце дня?

Просьба ответить по пунктам. Спасибо.

Eugene

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 08:11:57 AM »
Дмитрий, "встречаться" мы могли разве что на форуме натхов. КСД я практиковал немного по видео, но потом решил цигун разный попробовать. Сейчас мне кажется КСД на голову выше будет. Даже первый уровень, как вы говорите, уже вполне солидная система для оздоровления, а может что-то и еще. Цигун работает только с 12 аккупунктурными меридианами, в то время как КСД насколько понял прорабатывает и 8 чудесных меридианов. Ну и в цигун слабо проработана подготовительная часть.

По поводу всех нюансов практики первого уровня КСД я понял что главное - это правильное дыхание и расслабленность. Видео про дыхание я смотрел, видео по асанам кажется все понятно, а что еще надо знать чтобы не облажаться сильно? На вдохе сгибаемся, задержек нет, есть небольшое сжатие промежности как вариант.... 5 сек дыхание. Вроде ничего сложного.
Я хочу проработать лучше каждую асану и не спешить, потому вариант с 10 позициями в начале мне подходит, мне комфортнее быть в каждой позиции 4-5 минут и не думать о времени, чем делать сразу много позиций, когда толком не успеваешь их прочувствовать.

Так что к вашему счастью вопросов особо у меня более нет. Разве что такой глупый вопрос... на картинках человечек изображен в трусах. Мне нравится делать утром с открытым окном и в... трусах. При этом в команте прохладно. Многие цигунисты советуют заниматься в тепле и в майке с длинным рукавом. КСД вроде как в горах полураздетыми практиковали. Спасибо за ответы