Author Topic: Корея. Путевые заметки.  (Read 5343 times)

Dmitry

• Black belt
    • View Profile
Корея. Путевые заметки.
« on: March 28, 2012, 04:15:47 PM »

We decided to put here interesting things which is take place during our sta in South Korea. As far as main goal of our trip is connected with Kouksundo I hope that moderator won't consider it as an offtopic :) I think it would be interesting for those who is interested in Kouksundo and perhaps planning to visit it's native land.

Dattatreya (Dmitry)
Anandanitya (Anna)

D.: Some part of materials will get from my reminds about my first trip to Korea (unfortunatelly I didn't make photos that time) and photos will get now, so excuse me in advance if logic will disturb a little bit :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 12:12:45 PM by Aprameya »

Dmitry

• Black belt
    • View Profile
Re: Корея. Путевые заметки.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 04:43:24 PM »

It was felt even in airport that tourisits are very respected here. Even with my weak capability to orient on ground and to remember directions - in airport there was no problem with it  (as in Seul - also there was no problems also - got wrong way but quickly found right one). Actually you can ask each Korean and he or she helps you with pleasure even if he doesn't know English.

The design of airport is impressed. Simple, modern and elegant.

Night Seul. I'm trying to use tablet PC with navigator to orient in city :) :) [offtopic: I found excelent maps of Korea for android - you can download it in smartphone/tablet PC and it works even without internet, the location is defind by GPS]

Thanks to my Korean friends, they advised fine motel ("yogvon" in Korean) in the center of Seul  for good price. Usually Koreans use it as "a hotel for meetings" :) But for modest tourist it suits perfectly. For my opinion it is three (maybe even four) stars: it;s clean everywhere, the fridge in room (important device for KSD practicioner :)), TV (I'm not using it), everything for toilet and shower (even hairdryer), unlimited internet (very needed). There is a tub in room where fresh bamboo grows :)

Floor with the heating. As I understood - it is a standart in Korea from last century ages - when flooк was made from stone or loam and was heated by firewood :) It's called "ondol". Koreans like very much to sleep on the floor, lay a rug (thickness as you like) and sleep :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 12:45:51 PM by Aprameya »